Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Gift To Christ

I've spent more time in the temple
Felt strength come from His words
I've reread November's Ensign
And my testimony stirred
Our family prays more frequently
My tears are quick to run
Abraham seems closer
because
This year I'm giving Christ my son

I wonder how those Lamanite mothers
Gave their sons to war?
Or how the pioneers chose Zion
Their sacrifice was so much more
My loss will be his presence
I'll miss his smile a ton
For two years we will pray for him
I'm giving Christ my son

I stare at his face from long ago
I memorize his eyes, their shine
He's always hungered for the part of him
That makes his soul divine
The stories and lessons he always heard
His choice and mine are one
I'll put my faith in God's hand
This year, I'm giving Him my son

Past gifts have lost their glitter
I think I finally understand
Christ's birth should be celebrated
By giving Him a hand
It's because I know Christ lives and reigns
That all the packing's done
My gift has taken years to make

This year... I'm giving Christ my son


I know there's One who understands,

the sacrifice I'm making
Who knows the gift I willingly give,

the toll it will be taking.
For He has done it all before.

Greater love-there could be none.
For years ago God gave to me,
His only begotten son.


The hands I washed, the hands I held,

the hands I taught to pray;
Now knock on doors to find the ones

who will listen to what he'll say.
Because I know Christ needs him,

until all the gathering's done,
My gift has taken years to make.
This year....I'm giving Christ my son.


No comments:

Post a Comment